When you sign up for MyCoolClass, you’re not just applying for an online teaching job. Our teachers become members and co-owners of the cooperative and actively participate in the success of the business. Our cooperative is basically an international group of professional online teachers who came together to build something better
All qualified, passionate and awesome teachers are welcome to apply, regardless of their language, location, nationality, race, identity, age, religion or who they love.
Please read the Membership Agreement below before applying to understand the responsibilities of joining our cooperative. If you have any further questions, you can send us a message.
*For language teachers you need at least a language teaching certificate (e.g. TEFL for English, ELE for Spanish, etc.)
*For other subjects or skills, you should be able to demonstrate that you’re qualified to teach the classes and courses you offer. If a certificate or degree doesn’t apply to what you teach, e.g. guitar teacher, your experience and past work should be reflected in your CV /resume.
To be eligible for membership as a teacher,
and to maintain membership once admitted, a person must:
1. Be over 18 years of age.
2. Not have been convicted of a violent or sexual offense in any country and be willing to submit to a criminal history check at any time.
3. Provide proof of identity by submitting a clear high-quality photograph of either a) a passport or b) a government issued ID card and a second form of proof of ID, such as a driver’s license, professional card, military or student ID, employee ID, college degree, etc.
4. Submit proof of qualifications and/or certificates for each subject, course, or skill they offer on the platform. All documents are subject to verification and qualifications will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
5. Fill in all the required data in the member profile and keep it updated with any changes.
6. You must be able to accept payments via Wise, PayPal, or UK bank transfer.
7. You must agree to and abide by the Membership Handbook, Terms and Conditions, including any policies that may be issued by the Board of Directors.
8. Stay up to date on co-op news, meetings, and events by logging into the Members’ Zone regularly.
9. Promote MyCoolClass and cooperatives in a positive light and make a conscious effort to participate in the co-op by attending member meetings and other co-op events.
10. Pay a platform onboarding fee. Applicants who are approved and verified as teachers must pay an onboarding fee between £5 and £25 within 7 days in accordance with our fee schedule. The onboarding fee is non-refundable and will be converted to a £1 membership share upon completion of the probationary period and achieving full membership (see 11.)
11. Subscribe to purchase the minimum shareholding of £1 GBP
12. After achieving full membership, each teacher member will pay an annual membership fee equal to the onboarding fee. This will be deducted from the member’s account on July 31 each year.
13. MyCoolClass deducts 19% of teachers’ monthly earnings to cover business expenses, provide member benefits, and contribute to the general fund. The 19% contribution isn’t refundable.
14. To become a full member, probationary teachers must complete fifty (50) platform hours. These hours can be earned by teaching on the MyCoolClass platform or by attending Monthly Meetups and featured events.
15. Within 30 days of joining the platform, you must satisfactorily complete cooperative training and a quiz. The training is self-paced and takes about an hour to complete. During this time, you’ll read a series of texts and watch short videos to familiarize yourself with worker cooperatives, governance, and member responsibilities. If the training and quiz aren’t completed within 30 days, the teacher will be notified and will have 7 days to complete the training. If the training is still not completed, the teacher will be removed from the platform and cease to meet probationary obligations.
16. Teachers must have at least 8 hours per week available on their schedule. This doesn’t apply to personal leave or vacation.
17. Probationary teachers who are inactive for more than 90 days without notification will be removed from the platform and cease to fulfill their membership obligations. Members may have their accounts suspended for inactivity pending removal.
18. As part of a cooperative, teachers are expected to help promote MyCoolClass and maintain the brand image.
19. Teachers must have a laptop with a webcam and a reliable internet connection.
20. Teachers may not offer lessons, packages, courses, or webinars that are prohibited in the Membership Handbook (e.g., Bible study, pseudoscience, weapons manufacturing).
21. Teachers agree to maintain the confidentiality of MyCoolClass business and financial information that isn’t publicly available.